Top Tips from our Master Cleanser Community over 100,000 strong:
1. Aid your detox with light exercise. Exercise is more than cardio to “burn fat”. It’s the literal meaning of the word “Move Your Body”. The process of moving your body stimulates every aspect of your body from digestion, elimination, lymph movement, breathing etc. –all of which contributes to the effectiveness of your body’s “repair” mode, eliminate waste and fat, quite literally with every breath.
2. Women tend to lose less weight than men. Just go with that. Don’t try to push the statistics in your favour. What you lose is what you lose. Fasting is cyclical, and sometimes you’ll lose more than others, because there is more at play than just weight loss, including cellular repair, and toxin mobilization.
3. This is a hard one, but do not weigh yourself (and especially no every day). Feedback is great, especially when visualizing your desired outcome, but too much of it leads to obsessive desire which can psychological and emotionally interrupt your detox. These obsessive thoughts are rooted in lack, and are as toxic as the physical body your cleansing. Practice the art of allowance, letting go and abundance and the weight will fall of faster.
4. Super-F.A.S.T. by using intervals in your fast routine. The Ease-In is a 3 day period of gradual removal of complex foods. You can make that 5 days or even 10. Likewise, the Ease-Out can linger on the “Juicing” segment, focusing on a 3 day Green Juice Fast. You can do 1 Short-Term Fast, then a Long-Term Fast, followed by a series of intermittent fasts. Each fast is just a period of conscious food selection
5. Don’t Starve Yourself. Unless your doing a pure water fast you’ll be consuming calories likely in liquid only form as is the case with the Juice Fast called The Master Cleanse. This is as much calorie restriction as it is fasting and the key is to find the balance where your body switches to “repair” mode which is usually around 1,000 calories give or take for men and women of all sizes.
If you’re going to use a pre-bundled kit, make sure you get one with enough ingredients to last. Most are under-sized to consider the minimum servings of “food” each day, when in truth, you need to be closer to the average to find your perfect “repair” mode.
Founder of TheMasterCleanse.org Mike Olaski says more is less when it comes to serving size. His new line or kits are configured to the average serving size for maximum weight loss.
Is there anyone who doesn’t think by eating less you might lose more weight. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
The whole idea of “more is less” means that fa fasters shouldn’t think “less is more”. said Mike Olaski, author of Lose Weight “F.A.S.T.” –how to shed pounds quickly with fasting, who’s helped thousands of people lose on average 1 pound per day, and sometimes up to 2 pounds per day, all while using a method scientifically proven to be health and wellness supporting. The new line of Master Cleanse Kits provide enough ingredients for 10-21 Days.
Wayne Dyer (was) a Master Cleanser (rip)
The line is not just for Boomers like Joseph. “Boom is the sound of a revolution in cosmetics,” she says. “Cosmetic companies are constantly adding products; I’m taking away.Mine is the only company that is pro-aging, not antiaging.”
Jennifer Aniston believes in aging gracefully and not over-doing it on the makeup. When asked what is in her purse when she leaves for the day, she said, “Boomstick Color: It’s an all-in-one stain for eyes, cheeks and lips that’s so much fun.”
“There is this pressure in Hollywood to be ageless,” said Aniston. “I also understand that age is kind of awesome… Don’t over-product—that’s the other thing.”
The products come in identical chubby silver tubes that fit in the palm of your hand. There’s a sheer berry for cheeks, brow bone, eyes, lips, forehead and neck; a sheer iridescent champagne for the inner corner of the eye, cheekbones, shoulders, decollete; and an olive oil and beeswax moisturizer for lips, cuticles and around the eyes. They are $27 each and sold only on her website.
Judging by the photos and videos, Joseph, who recently turned 60, needs no makeup at all. She’s one of those Emmylou Harris beauties with lovely features, luminous skin and long silver hair, who spends just a few minutes a day on her face before she’s out the door.As women age, she says, looking fresh, rather than made up, is the key.
“The biggest makeup mistake that middle-aged women make is putting on too much under eye concealer,” she said. “At home, it might look OK, but in the daylight, it just looks like a bunch of gunk under your eyes. The older you get, the less makeup you should wear. It’s not a blank canvas anymore.”
After growing up in the Bay Area – Mission San Jose High School, Fremont, class of ’69 – she moved to Paris in the early ’80s and later to New York.
“I was a classic California flower child,” she says. “I went to Haight Ashbury on the weekends, the Fillmore West, the Avalon Ballroom. I was at the center of it all. People still ask me to this day: ‘Are you from San Francisco?’ ”
Joseph married young, had two kids and began her makeup artist career in San Francisco in the late ’70s, working for Macy’s, Esprit de Corp and others.
“I always had the smallest kit and the fewest products of any of my colleagues,” she remembers. She let her hair go gray in her late 40s, and just like that, she was spotted on a New York sidewalk by a scout for the fashion photographer Steven Miesel and has been a model ever since, featured in ads for Target, L.L. Bean, Dolce & Gabbana, DKNY, Olay, Nivea and others.
About a year ago, she went into the cosmetics business herself. “I’d done makeup for two decades and when I created this line, I created what I would want in my own kit,” she says. “I wanted to do a line that was not about hiding, but was about revealing.” The overall effect, she says, is a dewy, glowing face.